Please feel free to share this event
Introduction to Tropy
This introduction allows you to get well-aquainted with the free-open software programme Tropy. The programme is a tailor-made tool for historians to organize and make sense of thousands of photographs for research purposes. The introduction will be held by historian and Tropy-developer Sean Takats from the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media.
Attending this event will grant the participant the skills needed to use Tropy, and thereby save you a lot of time organizing photos. Through Tropy,
- Photos can be grouped into individual research documents or objects
- Documents can be grouped into collections or tagged.
- You can take notes to describe or transcribe your photos.
- Full-text search covers all of these levels to help you find what you need.
- Export to JSON-LD and Omeka S allows you to share and collaborate with others.
The instruction will take place in a friendly environment and without prior knowledge of the programme. It will be taught in English. The event is provided by CEDHAR – Center for Digital History Aarhus.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org